Transportation and logistics
The globalisation of the economy, rapid growth of online and catalog shopping and new customer demands have boosted the European shipping and logistics sector with high rates of growth. Yet this trend is also being countered at the moment by rising cost pressures, tougher competition and new legal guidelines. Unrelenting competitive conditions along with rocketing wage and energy costs and increased expectations of service on the customer side have resulted in particular forms of pricing and performance pressure. At the same time, there is a growing need for investment in infrastructure and new, more environmentally friendly technologies.
Enhanced capabilities and technologies in the logistics sector offer the opportunity to leverage new revenue sources through targeted investments in sector business models. For many business owners, there are significant potential cost savings in the area of logistics and supply chain. To meet the special requirements of the transportation and logistics industry, we have a multidisciplinary team that offers both sectors experience as well as specialised knowledge. International shippers and logisticians benefit from our global NEXIA network.
Services at a glance
- Specialised tax consulting
- Audit of annual and consolidated financial statements
- Outsourcing of bookkeeping and payroll
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- VAT-related structuring of international transportation services
- Business consulting
- Evaluation and implementation of internal control systems
- Implementation and improvement of risk management systems
- Monitoring of effectiveness of risk management (risk controlling)